As the trend of taking supplements to improve fitness and physique continues to grow in popularity, manufacturers are popping up everywhere to create Creatine supplements that they claim are the best or the most effective for increasing lean muscle mass. Many of these “pop-up manufacturers” may even manipulate the facts so they can claim that their product is #1 for helping people achieve their personal fitness goals.
These wild claims are often not backed up with scientific or statistical support, and contain no information about the type of Creatine they chose nor any explanation for why additional ingredients were included in their formulas. Depending on the form of Creatine chosen, a product can be more or less effective than other forms of Creatine. This means that not all Creatine supplements are created equal but it doesn’t mean you can never be sure that you’re get a high-quality Creatine product.
Navigating the market to find a high-quality Creatine supplement can be beyond confusing for consumers who don’t know which are worth buying and which are a waste of your time and money. Therefore, we carefully examined which products are backed up with real scientific explanations for why they were crafted the way they were and how exactly they work.
5 Things To Look For In An Effective Creatine Supplement
- It should contain Creatine Monohydrate which provides the maximal concentration of Creatine.
- It should contain BioPerine® which increases the bioavailability of ingredients, enhancing Creatine’s benefits.
- It should provide 5000 mg of Creatine per serving.
- It should not contain any additives which can weaken the effectiveness.
- The ingredients should be tested by a third party to ensure purity.
What We Uncovered
With a little research, we were able to spot the supplement suppliers that were simply out to cash in on the latest trend versus the products that we consider to be high-quality and effective.
- In short, many of the Creatine supplements we reviewed do not contain the optimal, most-studied form of Creatine, Creatine Monohydrate.
- Moreover, they often include unnecessary ingredients such as flavoring, sugar, or proprietary blends that provide no benefit whatsoever. Some formulas do not contain the same potency as they claim on their labels with many companies even hiding their labels or supplement facts to prevent consumers from better understanding what is contained in the formulas.
Some companies think that sticking a label on their package with the word ‘Creatine’ is enough to make consumers want to buy their product, even if there is no justification for why the product should work. Unfortunately, many consumers fall for this scheme and are later disappointed by a lack of results.
Our research identified key areas that we felt raised concerns when purchasing a Creatine supplement. With so many products out there, we felt that we needed clear parameters in terms of what to look out for when investing in a Creatine product.
- Will it be effective? Unfortunately, there are many products that simply don’t work, which is a real concern for many potential buyers. To determine which products we could rate as beneficial, we looked to see if they contained the correct ingredients, how potent they were, and their grade of purity. Consumers need to be aware that there is a precise science to creating an effective formula.
- Will it be too expensive for me to purchase? Our research uncovered many manufacturers selling Creatine for well over the average asking price. People often think that by paying more, they will get better quality. This is not always the case. Don’t risk your hard-earned money on something that has an over-inflated, unrealistic price.
- Is the company open and transparent? Manufacturers should be transparent and open, providing you with as much information and guidance as they can. You need to be consumer savvy in order to determine which are the best manufacturers to purchase from and which are not worth your while.
Finding Effective, Quality Creatine Supplements
There are several key elements to look out for that can pretty much guarantee a product’s authenticity.
- Monitoring By A Third Party: There are organizations that will independently monitor and track the reputation of a company and assess their customer satisfaction levels. A company’s reputation is incredibly important within the health industry. Make sure you select a top provider, one that has an impeccable reputation and is backed by an independent third-party monitoring organization.
- 100% Money-Back Guarantee: Many companies offer you a money-back guarantee if their products do not bring the results that you are looking for. Some are better than others. Choose a company that has a solid satisfaction guarantee. A strong guarantee demonstrates a manufacturer’s confidence that their product will deliver the desired results.
- External Testing: This is not the same as a monitoring company. Third-party testing substantiates and verifies the quality of the manufacturer’s product. It can be very expensive for manufacturers to undertake and even disqualify entire shipments of products that don’t reach the correct standards. That said, when manufacturers don’t have independent quality control and testing, there is no way of knowing if their products are effective, or indeed, safe.
Our Research Results
An effective Creatine supplement should contain top quality, clinically proven ingredients in significantly potent doses for optimal effect. That is to say, the Creatine should be Creatine Monohydrate, and it should be offered in servings of 5000 mg. In addition, we looked for a bioavailability enhancer, such as BioPerine®, to increase the absorption of the nutrients to further boost benefits.
Most products failed to pass our specific criteria.
There are some manufacturers who actually include the right ingredients in their formulas but consequently fail when they weaken the potency by adding an unnecessary blend of useless ingredients. Other manufacturers simply failed by using a smaller serving size than has been proven effective in scientific studies. Others filled their products with binders, additives, or preservatives. Many of them didn’t even bother with quality control testing.
We are very confident in the brands that we did pick. Given our stringent parameters and reasons for choosing our top products, we are sure our top picks will help you achieve the results you are looking for.
Why Did We Select Our Top Creatine Product?
Our top pick not only met all of our strict criteria for a quality Creatine supplement, but it also surpassed them!
Look at what it contains:
- Creatine Monohydrate – the most-studied and safest form of Creatine
- BioPerine® – few other products contain this bioavailability enhancer.
- 5000mg of Creatine per serving – the optimal dosage.
- No additives – many products contain additives, flavoring, and sugars.
- Ingredients that are third-party tested – few other products have their ingredients externally tested.
Our Top Creatine Product Choices
Our top choice stands above and beyond the competition and we think you will agree. The company’s excellent reputation, top-quality product, external independent monitoring and testing, coupled with an incredible money-back guarantee policy, makes this an undoubtedly solid pick for our #1 choice.
✓ Money Back Guarantee
✓ Consumer Feedback
✓ Company Reputation
**Make sure to only buy from the official Approved Science website to ensure products’ authenticity and to protect the validity of their 60-day money back guarantee. Many of our readers have notified us that they were scammed into buying counterfeit products on Amazon.
Approved Science Creatine Review
If you want to try increasing your lean muscle mass and endurance, Approved Science Creatine is the product that will get you the desired results. Of all the Creatine supplements currently available on the market, this is the one that deserves a closer look and very likely the one that will change your workout for the better!
It contains high-quality natural ingredients in the correct dose and potency. Approved Science Creatine contains Creatine Monohydrate which is an optimal form of Creatine for increasing lean muscle mass and improving cognitive performance, due to its chemical simplicity and high bioavailability. It also contains 5 mg BioPerine®, a patented form of Black Pepper Extract, which is specifically designed to work synergistically with other ingredients for increased absorption. This powder is unflavored and unsweetened so that it can easily be added to any beverage. Essentially, this product ticks all the boxes for an effective Creatine formula.
Quality: Approved Science Creatine contains high-grade, natural, clinically-verified ingredients that are GMP-certified.
Reputation: Approved Science’s reputation is top quality. They are well known in the industry and are an established company that provides great customer service, secure and easy checkout as well as prompt, efficient delivery. This manufacturer has several third-party monitoring services, including buySAFE, Norton, and Trustee, as well as an A+ rating from the quality monitoring company QualityTrusted. Approved Science’s commitment to the health industry and consumers is excellent, providing further legitimacy to their products by producing them in an FDA-registered laboratory.
Money-Back Guarantee: Every item sold is supported by a 60-day 100% money-back guarantee. Such guarantees from manufacturers show strong confidence in their products’ ability to deliver results. Great news for consumers.
Bottom Line: If you are looking for a product that ticks all the boxes for an effective Creatine supplement and comes from an established reputable company with an excellent money-back guarantee, then this is the supplement for you.
It would be good to note that due to high demand, Approved Science Creatine is often sold out. To avoid having to back order, don’t hesitate to make that purchase when you see it in stock.
Redcon1 Creatine Monohydrate
This product, as suggested by the name, contains Creatine Monohydrate. This is the only ingredient and therefore this product is suitable for vegetarians. It also provides servings of 5 grams which is the recommended dosage. However, there is no thermogenic ingredient, like BioPerine®, to ensure you get the most out of this supplement. There is also a shorter satisfaction guarantee than our top pick offers.
In addition to examining the ingredients, we always look for reviews of a product. There were few reviews but what we gathered from the ones we found is that customers were generally satisfied with this product, although they did mention that it didn’t dissolve completely. Read our full review to find out more about the pros and cons of Redcon1 Creatine Monohydrate.
Huge Supplements Creatine Monohydrate Powder
Huge Supplements provides a range of workout supplements to help people bulk up and become huge. Their Creatine product contains only Creatine Monohydrate and provides it in servings of 5 grams which is the ideal serving size. However, there are fewer servings per bottle compared to our other top picks. Additionally, this product is not backed by a money-back guarantee.
This Creatine product is produced in an FDA-approved, GMP-certified facility. Unfortunately, this product has only a handful of reviews and they offer little insight into the quality of the product. Read our full review to discover all that we could glean about this product in order to help you decide if it’s the right Creatine powder for you.